Create a beautiful event listing in minutes and showcase your event on one of Sydney’s most trusted event destinations.
To be listed, events must:
- comply with the latest physical distancing guidelines. If your event takes place at a specific venue, please include details about the physical distancing measures in the event description.
- occur at a specific venue or location within a 7.5km radius of the city centre if taking place offline
- if being delivered online, the content must be available to everyone within the area covered by What's On (for example, no geoblocking should be applied)See a list of suburbs represented by What’s On
- be open to the general public and have broad appeal
- be in the interests of public health and safety
- not be part of professional development or qualification coursework
- not be a political party fundraiser
- not be a sales promotion or special offer
- must be an event listing with specific time and dates and not a general advertisement for a business or ongoing service or product
- be submitted by the organiser or authorised agent
- any events providing personal financial advice can only be delivered by people with a Australian financial services (AFS) licence. Information about their accreditation must be included in the event description and they must appear on this Financial Services Register
- be specific, finalised and confirmed prior to submission. Events with dates or physical locations yet to be announced can’t be listed.
We want your What’s On event listing to reach the widest audience possible.
- Our team carefully reviews events when they’re received, making sure we continue to deliver a high quality site.
- Listings will be edited for style and length.
- If your listing is sent back to you with a request for amendments, and you choose to resubmit without making the requested changes, our team may refuse to publish your event.
Following our guidelines means your event can be published sooner. Visit our help centre for guidance on images, venues, dates and more.
Events are published at the City of Sydney’s discretion. Publication of an event isn’t an endorsement.