There’s something in the air in Sydney, and it’s as chic as a little black dress. So lace up your on-trend sneakers and head to these fashion-forward events.
1. Join Vogue for a one-night-only fashion celebration!
On Thursday September 1, Vogue American Express Fashion’s Night Out takes over the city centre. Be sure to come empty handed, because you won’t be leaving that way! There will be fashion shows, musical performances, special offers and more
2. Get up close to Isabella Blow’s wardrobe
Isabella Blow is regarded as a powerhouse in British fashion, championing the careers of talented designers such as Alexander McQueen and Phillip Treacy. After her death in 2007 her close friend Daphne Guinness purchased her entire collection of clothing and accessories, currently on display at Powerhouse Museum. Isabella Blow: A Fashionable Life is a rare chance to see Blow’s prided collection.
- Celebrate the career of Collette Dinnigan, one of Australia’s most regarded designers. Her work is currently on display at Powerhouse Museum.
- Snap up a stylish bargain or meet up-and-coming designers at Sydney’s markets. Bondi is renowned for hosting the humble stalls of brands like Sass & Bide before their big break; and you’ll often find pre-owned clothing being sold by the fashion-set at Glebe markets and Kirribilli markets. For eclectic trinkets, Paddington markets are a must-visit.
- After something special? Check out unique boutiques in Sydney’s suburbs, from designer flagship stores at The Intersection in Paddington right through to vintage gems in Surry Hills.
- Support independent artists at Finders Keepers. Packed full of unique designs from more than 200 local creatives, Finders Keepers markets are a treasure trove of local talent. Check them out at Australian Technology Park twice a year (the next markets will be in December).
- Keep an eye out for next year’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia.