Come eye-to-eye with the world’s largest animals!
Dive into the immersive Whales | Tohorā exhibition that brings the incredible world of whales to life at the Australian Museum.
Presenting the latest cetacean research from the international scientific community, Whales | Tohorā explores the diversity, biology and adaptation of whales to life in our oceans and celebrates their role in South Pacific Islanders’ rich cultural history.
- Be enthralled by the sheer variety, size and scale of whale skeletons, including the 18m skeleton of a Bull Sperm Whale
- Walk through a life-sized heart of a Blue Whale
- Hear a symphony of whale noises in the sound chamber
- Enjoy breathtaking live footage from the deep ocean
- Get hands-on and touch the vertebra and rib of a fin whale
- Uncover the rich whale-riding stories and traditions of the Māori culture
Created by the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this fascinating exhibition will be on at the Australian Museum from 20 October 2018.
Saturday 20 October 2018 to Sunday 28 April 2019
Children (5-15): $14.00
Children (0-4 years): Free
Family (2 Adults + up to 3 children): $72.00
Family (1 Adult + up to 3 children): $49.00
- Mobility access
- Hearing loop