On this journey, you’ll be welcomed with a traditional ceremony that cleanses and wards off bad spirits. You’ll then be taken on a walk through stunning locations within the Centennial Parklands.
Your experienced interpretive Indigenous guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush food sources and provide an enchanting narrative of the wetlands and their special relationship with this unique environment. Discover how to make bush soaps and traditional fishing techniques by the ponds. Enjoy a traditional bush tea and damper to be taken away at the end of the day.
The session will include:
- a guided walk
- passionate local guides
- fresh morning and native brewed tea
- encounters with wildlife and learning their importance to Aboriginal peoples
- countless photo opportunities in a stunning, cultural significant location.
What to bring:
- Enclosed and comfortable shoes.
- Warm jumper and waterproof jacket.
- Sunglasses and sunhat.
- Water bottle.
- Personal medication.
- A sense of adventure.
Sunday 2 September 2018 from 10am to 12pm
Sunday 7 October 2018 from 10am to 12pm