According to a report by IBM, it’s estimated that 1.7MB of data will be created every second for every person on earth by 2020. Already, there are 2.5 quintillion — that’s 2.5 billion gigabytes (GB) of data (minimum!) — created each day. With more and more of our lives going digital, it has become increasingly critical for both individuals and businesses to protect our precious data.
We have seen and will continue to see huge investments from banks, large corporates, and governments worldwide being poured into cybersecurity teams, departments, and professionals. In Australia last year, job listings for cybersecurity-related jobs surged 173% compared to the previous year with many of these roles remaining unfilled, according to job listing platform Indeed, indicating that Australia only has 7% of the cybersecurity talent that it needs.
As the need for cybersecurity expertise continues to grow at an exponential rate, it is more critical now than ever for us to unlock the answers to common questions like:
- What even is cyber security?
- What career opportunities exist in this growing field?
- Who would make a good cyber security professional?
- How is cyber security split into technical vs non-technical roles?
- How can you transition into a career in cyber security?
- What companies are hiring cyber security professionals in Australia?
- Why is cyber security such a lucrative career choice?
Join us and a panel of industry leaders within cyber security as we decrypt the stereotypes of what it means to work in cyber, and unlock the opportunities that might exist for you.
- Mobility access