Early stage and venture capital investments get a lot of fanfare from the press. But are they right for your portfolio? How are deals in this space structured and what do you need to know before diving in?
If you’re looking to better understand the early-stage investment space, join this candid conversation with a panel angel, equity crowdfunding and VC investors.
The panel will explore what you should consider when choosing to invest in this asset class and how to think about which deals to participate in, things like:
- How to identify startups best suited for investment
- How involved investors should be in their portfolio companies
- Different ways to structure a deal
- Typical cheque size
- How to decode the jargon of early-stage investing (we’ll explain things like GP, LP, ESVCLP, SAFE, Con Note and IM)
The panel includes Tip Piumsomboon from Blackbird Ventures, Alan Jones from M8 Ventures, Erez Rachamim from Equitise and Andrew Bird from Waimarie Investments. The panel is moderated by Doug Morris, CEO of Sharesight.
Who should attend?
- Investors looking to understand more about investments in early stage companies and VC funds
- Anyone curious about why you should (or shouldn’t) invest in early-stage/pre-IPO companies
5:30pm – 6:00pm: Traditional tech startup delicacies (pizza & beer)
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Panel Discussion and Q&A
7:00pm – 7:30pm: Networking and drinks
**100% of the ticket price will be donated to TwoGood.