Embroidery is appearing so much in Fashion. This workshop is open to those who are interested in exploring this beautiful craft for themselves.
First day – Mary will show you images of examples of opulent embroidery in fashion. Then Mary will demonstrate techniques for bead and sequin embroidery and goldwork (metal thread) embroidery over the two days. You will do samples for each technique in the workshop.
Students in this class will:
- learn about the different needles that they will use in the workshop and how to
- learn to identify the different metal threads, beads and sequins
- learn a variety of bead & sequin embroidery techniques
- learn a variety of goldwork embroidery techniques
- be taught how to transfer designs onto fabric.
Please note when booking a class with MakerSpace company you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
MakerSpace is an 18+ facility, and our classes and facilities are designed for adults.
The reality is that MakerSpace is simply not set up to accommodate children. For further information please visit or FAQs.
Unfortunately our new space cannot offer suitable wheelchair access. We are currently working on improving our facilities to make them accessible for all.
We have very limited parking spaces on Gerald Street so if you’re driving here please allow time to look for parking on our street or nearby streets.