Modern life can sometimes leave us feeling stressed and disconnected. Gardening can help us stay practical, present and grounded. Countless studies have shown that people are healthier and less stressed when they are in close proximity to a plant.
Learn how to garden sustainably by harnessing what is available and already existing in the world. Create potted succulents for your home or workplace without spending a cent.
You’ll learn how to:
- recycle items to use as pots, drill holes and prep for planting
- identify succulents and respectfully source cuttings
- propagate for growth
- create your own potting mix
- use mindfulness techniques to care for your new plant.
You’ll leave with a potted succulent of your own, fertilizer and feeling positive. Bring a bestie, neighbour, family member or come alone and meet people in your community. Light refreshments will be provided.
- gardening gloves – if you own a pair.
- a recycled or found object you would like to plant something in. This could be a can, vessel, glass jar, kitchen canister – otherwise options will be available for you to select from.
New Moon acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land we will meet on, the Gadigal-Wangal people of the Eora Nation. New Moon is an LGBTQIA and CALD safe space.
Did you know that all the proceeds from your ticket purchase go straight back into New Moon, not only to fairly pay our artists and contributors, but also to develop and program accessible, fun and affordable content for the community?
We love running workshops and special events at New Moon! We care about our audience and lovingly spend time preparing, sourcing materials and ingredients to make sure we give you the best experience possible. Unfortunately we can not offer ticket refunds for change of mind or last minute changes. Thank you for supporting us!