Dive into the immersive Whales | Tohorā exhibition that brings the incredible world of whales to life at the Australian Museum.
Presenting the latest cetacean research from the international scientific community, Whales | Tohorā explores the diversity, biology and adaptation of whales to life in our oceans and celebrates their role in South Pacific Islanders’ rich cultural history.
– Be enthralled by the sheer variety, size and scale of whale skeletons, including the 18m skeleton of a Bull Sperm Whale
– Walk through a life-sized heart of a Blue Whale
– Hear a symphony of whale noises in the sound chamber
– Enjoy breathtaking live footage from the deep ocean
– Get hands-on and touch the vertebra and rib of a fin whale
– Uncover the rich whale-riding stories and traditions of the Māori culture
Created by the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.
Saturday 20 October 2018 to Sunday 28 April 2019
Children (5-15 years): $14.00
Children (0-4 years): Free
Family (2 Adults + up to 3 children): $72.00
Family (1 Adult + up to 3 children: $49.00
- Mobility access
- Hearing loop