Immerse yourself in a night of light and entertainment.
Light the City promises to dazzle and delight.
For 1 night only, Mrs Macquaries Road will be closed to cars and open for people to walk or ride past lights and special effects.
Discover the rainbow path, tunnel of light, field of beams and more along the 2.5km loop.
Soak up the ambience at the harbour-side outdoor lounge where you’ll find:
Halloween silent disco
Grab a set of headphones and dance by the water.
Challenge a friend (or stranger) and vie for the fastest time.
Tag your photos with #sydneyrides or #lightthecity to appear on the big screen or print out.
Glitter ball arena
Join the Soul of Sydney crew for jump rope, soul train and limbo dancing.
What you need to know
- You can walk or ride the 2.5km loop as many times as you like.
- Sydney’s fabulous food trucks will be serving at the event.
- Please arrive via Art Gallery Road.
- There’s no ATM available.
- Bike and helmet hire will be available.
- Registration not required. All ages event.
- We encourage you to dress up and decorate your bike.
- Free bike valet parking.
- No skateboards, scooters and rollerblades.
- Wet weather? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.