Attended Light the City? Complete this short survey to tell us what you thought and help improve the event.
Immerse yourself in a night of light and entertainment.
Light the City promises to dazzle and delight.
For 1 night only, Mrs Macquaries Road will be closed to cars and open for people to walk or ride past lights and special effects.
Discover the rainbow path, tunnel of light, field of beams and more along the 2.5km loop.
Soak up the ambience at the harbour-side outdoor lounge where you’ll find:
Halloween silent disco
Grab a set of headphones and dance by the water.
Challenge a friend (or stranger) and vie for the fastest time.
Tag your photos with #sydneyrides or #lightthecity to appear on the big screen or print out.
Glitter ball arena
Join the Soul of Sydney crew for jump rope, soul train and limbo dancing.
What you need to know
- You can walk or ride the 2.5km loop as many times as you like.
- Sydney’s fabulous food trucks will be serving at the event.
- Please arrive via Art Gallery Road.
- There’s no ATM available.
- Bike hire is available on the night at the entry to the event. Each bike costs $15 for the first hour, then $15 per half hour after. Helmets are provided.
- Registration not required. All ages event.
- We encourage you to dress up and decorate your bike.
- Free bike valet parking is available at the outdoor lounge.
- Wet weather? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
How to get to Light the City
Plan your journey using the Sydney Cycling map.
You can also use our Facebook messenger chat-bot to discover the best way to ride.
Remember you can ride on the footpath with children under 16 years old.
Martin Place and St James stations are a short ride or 10 minute walk from the entry on Mrs Macquaries Road.
Visit transportnsw.info to plan your journey.
Bikes are allowed on trains free of charge.
The Domain car park on St Marys Road is closest to the event.