Light the City promises to dazzle and delight.
For one night only, Mrs Macquaries Road will be closed to cars and open for people to walk or ride past lights and special effects.
Discover the rainbow path, fairy light canopy, under-lit trees and more along the 2.5km loop.
Soak up the ambience at the harbour-side outdoor lounge where you’ll find:
Halloween silent disco
Grab a set of headphones and dance by the water. Presented by KIIS FM.
Challenge a friend (or stranger) and vie for the fastest time.
Tag your photos with #sydneyrides or #lightthecity to appear on the big screen or print out.
Glitter ball arena
Join the Soul of Sydney crew for jump rope, soul train and limbo dancing surrounded by spectacular illuminations.
Watch scenes from last year’s Light the City.
What you need to know
- Sydney’s fabulous food trucks will be serving at the event.
- Please arrive via Art Gallery Road.
- There’s no ATM available.
- Bike and helmet hire will be available.
- Registration not required. All ages event.
- We encourage you to dress up and decorate your bike!
- Free bike valet parking available. You can also walk the event.
- Skateboards, scooters and rollerblades aren’t permitted.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates if it’s raining.