We’re bringing the best of our City of Sydney Library to the Tramsheds in Harold Park. Over 10 days, enjoy a spectacular series of free talks, workshops and fun activities for the whole family.
Guest author Indira Naidoo shares her experience of exploring the world of kitchen and community gardens. Learn how to spot fake news with expert Dr Joanne Orlando and get hands-on with Wikipedia editing, electrocraft, ceramics, watercolour painting and coding.
For music lovers we’ve got family jam sessions with Musica Viva and ukulele workshops just for the adults.
Bring the little ones to experience all the magic of our popular storytime and rhymetime program, with special guest Aunty Kathy Dodd Farrawell.
You’ll find the Lawn Library in the Harold Park Community Hall on level 1 of the Tramsheds, one of Sydney’s most exciting foodie destinations.
You’re welcome to drop by at any time to explore our collections and activities.
Bookings are recommended for some talks and workshops as space is limited.
See the full program below:
- Storytime yoga
- Electrocraft workshop
- Test Drive a Maker Kit
- Late Night Library Talking Bodies
- Late Night Library Dis/Morphia
- Ukulele workshops for adults
- Code club for adults
- Indira Naidoo: Kitchen and community gardens
- All abilities family musical jam
- Gangari storytime with Aunty Kathy
- Maker and creator cardboard construction
- Cyber safety, gaming, social Media and sexual content
- Pine Street watercolour painting workshop
- Pine Street ceramics workshop
- Aged-related macular disease awareness
- Auslan and English storytime
- Rainbow Wikipedia edit-a-thon
- Fake news – learn how to spot it
Friday 7 June 2019 from 10am to 6pm
Saturday 8 June 2019 from 3.30pm to 6pm
Sunday 9 June 2019 from 3.30pm to 6pm
Monday 10 June 2019 from 10am to 6pm
Tuesday 11 June 2019 from 4pm to 6pm
Wednesday 12 June 2019 from 10am to 6pm
Thursday 13 June 2019 from 10am to 9pm
Friday 14 June 2019 from 10am to 6pm
Saturday 15 June 2019 from 10am to 4pm
- Sign language