Explore the principles and practices of care for the health of yourself, your community and the planet in this interactive session with Dr Charlie Brennan. Identify and build on your own self-care and land-care practices. We’ll explore the vitally important work of co-healing people and the planet through guided presentation and hands-on activities.
• basics of eco-psychology and supporting sustainability
• principles and practices of care – cares for health of self, community and planet
• skills and inspiration to develop a care plan for yourself and your community land or project.
• zones of care and mind mapping hands-on activities
• guided yatra – meditation walk and reflection
• afternoon tea – fresh fruit, baked goods and organic tea and coffee
• take home notes including 15 things you can do handout.
About your tutor:
Dr Charlie Brennan has always been fascinated with the land. From farming, landscape design and garden making, permaculture/edible streetscapes, Landcare project works, to supporting Aboriginal culture caring for country. He is a social ecologist, researcher and has lectured in ethics and sense of place. He has worked as a facilitator for a range of conservation and sustainability alliance. With 30 years experience and inspired by travels to America, UK and India, Charlie is passionate about bringing the land alive through design, consultation and education.