Within the entrepreneurial and startup space, you may have come across a hackathon, but may not have been sure how to get involved or participate.
Hackathons are a design sprint-like event where programmers, designers, and project managers come together with the goal of creating a functioning product — or solution by the end of the event.
But what if you’re not a tech-wiz, could you still benefit from a hackathon?
While it is important to have a developer on your team, there is not only room but a requirement for a variety of skills in order to successfully identify and solve a problem.
At our event, Hacking Without Code: A beginner’s Guide to hackathons, we’ll explore:
- the format and flow of hackathons
- what skills are valuable in hackathon teams
- how to find the right team to be a part of
- how to find hackathon themes or organisations you align with
- what you can gain from personally and professionally from hackathons.