*Youth Fest 2020 has been postponed until further notice.
You don't need a lot of space, experience or patience to grow fresh greens. This session includes a gardening activity sowing a selection of baby salad leaves, pea shoots and microgreens to grow at home.
What you'll learn:
• How to grow baby salad leaves, pea shoots and microgreens
• Practical skills for raising greens from seed which you will practice in the session
• Tips for sourcing inexpensive seed
What you'll get:
• Hands-on opportunity to learn seed raising skills
• Take-home notes
• 3 small pots of baby salad leaves, pea shoots and microgreens to take home
All equipment provided, please wear closed shoes and clothes which can get dirty.
This session is sponsored by City of Sydney Youth Fest and delivered by Sydney City Farm.
There are 2 sessions to choose from:
Join in this hands on session with fast growing greens for small spaces. This is a Youth Fest event for ages 12-25.