Come along to the launch of our exciting community and cultural precinct.
We’ve refurbished the heritage buildings of the former South Sydney Hospital in collaboration with Peter Stutchbury Architecture and Fox Johnston.
Head down and explore the new facilities at Joynton Avenue Creative Centre, run by 107 Projects. You can also cross Matron Ruby Grant Park to visit the workshop spaces at the Banga Community Shed, run by The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre.
You can see the light-filled play areas of the Waranara Early Education Centre and spend some time in While I Live I Will Grow, a living artwork by Maria Fernanda Cardoso that will grow with our communities.
Lord Mayor Clover Moore will speak at 11.30am.
There will be food trucks, live music and entertainment for the whole family.
Bring your bike for a free tune-up, and get the latest maps, news and route advice from our cycling experts.
- 11am to 1pm: The Low Riders street music.
- 11am to 3pm: DJ Kate Monroe.
- 11am to 3pm: Children’s activity – butterfly clip craft.
- 11.30am to 12pm: Architect talk by Peter Stutchbury.
- 11.30am to 12.10pm: Justine Clarke performance.
- 11.30am to 3pm: Roving performers The Nurses
- 12.45pm to 1.15pm – Architect talk by Emili Fox and Alan Powell from Fox Johnston
- 1.30pm to 2pm – Artist talk with Maria Fernanda Cardoso, followed by discussion with Green Square Curatorial Advisor Amanda Sharrad
- 2.15pm to 2.45pm – Architect talk by Robert Gasparini from Design 5.