Join us for a fun, family friendly screening of the classic Matilda (rated G, 98 mins).
Five facts about Roald Dahl’s Matilda:
- Matilda Wormwood started out as a “wicked” child, not the kind heroine as readers know her.
- Upon finishing his first Matilda draft, Roald Dahl thought he “got it wrong”, and re-wrote Matilda’s character completely.
- The first book for adults that young Matilda reads is Great Expectations, but her list, horizons, and vocabulary soon expand: Brighton Rock by Graham Greene, The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner, Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, and many more.
- The library Matilda frequents is an actual place, on the High Street in Great Missenden UK, just down the street from the Roald Dahl Museum.
- Matilda was Roald Dahl’s last long children’s book. Immerse yourself in the world of Matilda, as we screen the film these school holidays. Popcorn and drinks will be provided.
For 5-12 year olds. Adult supervision is required for those aged 10 years and under.
- Mobility access