The Museum is a very different place after dark, when the hoards of visitors have left and the lights go out. Join us for an unforgettable overnight experience at the Australian Museum.
Enjoy a buffet dinner and get up close to native Australian animals, such as crocodiles, before coming face-to-face with our resident Muttaburrasaurus – an Australian dinosaur that lived around 100 million years ago. Embark on a tour by torchlight to discover secrets and stories of our objects and collections before relaxing in the theatre to watch a family favourite film. The evening is topped off by sleeping next to some old dinosaur favourites including Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. In the morning, you will wake to a continental breakfast at our rooftop cafe followed by an exclusive viewing of our current special exhibition. When there is no special exhibition on, we program Wild Yoga as the morning activity.
Ages: 6 – 12 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are not permitted without a child. Adult to child ratio of 1:3 required for sleepovers.
Ticket price includes:
• Buffet dinner and continental breakfast at our rooftop café
• Oz Wildlife Show
• Torchlight tour of the museum galleries
• Film Screening (‘Night at the Museum’ (2006), however, this can change depending on current special exhibition)
• Sleep in a Dinosaur Gallery (bedding equipment not included)
• Special Exhibition Entry. Whales | Tohora closes 28 April 2019. The DinoSnore in June will feature a special morning activity of Wild Yoga!
• Guests receive a goody bag to take home that includes a dinosaur sleep mask and bamboo toothbrush.
GST and booking fee included in ticket price. There is no price difference between adults and children.
What to bring:
• All sleeping equipment i.e. camp mat, sleeping bag, pillow
• Comfortable sleeping clothes
• Water bottle
• Toothbrush, toiletries and wash cloth (no showers available)
Cnr William & College Streets, Sydney
Friday 12 April 2019 from 6pm to 8am
Friday 7 June 2019 from 6pm to 8am
- Mobility access
- Hearing loop