Pulling out all the tricks from her creative toolbox, tutor Jan Cornall will introduce you to creative techniques you can use for all aspects of your writing process. Learn meditative and visualisation methods, sense immersion, mind mapping, scrapbooking, word play, mind photography, image collecting and more. Be prepared for mess, chaos and colour as we open all the senses to the deliciousness of creative play and bring the fire back into your writing.
Your creative brainstorm day will cover the following areas:
- Hunting and gathering materials and ideas, scrapbooking, mind mapping. Setting up daily writing rituals. Introduction to creative troubleshooting techniques. Playing with the sense of space.
- Creating the world of your story through visualization, image collecting, wordplay and descriptive detail. Playing with the sense of sight.
- Listening for the voice of the narrator/storyteller, the sound track of the story. Playing with the sense of sound.
- Creating living breathing characters, mapping their successes and failures, their unresolved desires. Playing with the sense of touch.
- Creative ways to map structure, story, dramatic action, story soul. Playing with the sense of smell.
- Ensuring the impact of your story, the emotional traces you leave behind. Setting creative goals. Playing with sense of taste.
Member price: $135.00
Concession member: $120.00
- Mobility access