Alexa Skills – From Idea to Testing in Two Hours
This workshop teaches you how to build your first voice skill with Amazon Alexa. This workshop will walk you through how to build an Alexa skill, how to implement an intent, deploying to AWS Lambda, and how to register and test a skill. You’ll walk out of the workshop with a working prototype of your skill idea.
- understand Alexa Skills building fundamentals
- dive into Voice Design and Voice User-Interface
- how to build engaging voice experiences.
Prerequisites: Participants should have an Amazon Alexa Developer Account and AWS account established and available for use during the workshop and will need to bring their own laptop.
Attendees will also need to bring their own laptop with an internet browser installed. Before they arrive at the Alexa Skills workshop, they will need to create a free developer account with the instructions below and go to this page:
- Create an www.amazon.com.au account.
- Sign in to the Developer Account using the same email for your amazon.au account by going to this website: developer.amazon.com/alexa-skills-kit/anz.
- Sign up for an AWS account if you don’t already have one. Complete the verification steps for enabling an Amazon verified account, including payment details, profile info, and phone verification as applicable.
Facilitated by: Azi Farjad, Amazon Alexa, Senior Developer Evangelist.
Azi is an Alexa Developer Evangelist at Amazon. Her role involves inspiring and helping developers to build voice experiences using Alexa. She has been a developer and software consultant for a variety of products during her career. She believes we can create more engaging experiences for users when we use voice technology and she is passionate to help solving problems using these capabilities. In her spare time she enjoys hiking and spending time in nature.