Outdoor spaces can provide food, shelter and homes for birds, bees, butterflies and other wildlife.
Join our expert tutor Judy Christie from Birdlife Australia and uncover the basics of common fauna who share our urban spaces.
From red wattlebirds and eastern spinebills to butterflies and native bees get tips on creating habitat for urban wildlife.
– how to identify common birds
– tips on planting for birds, bees and other insects
– how to incorporate habitat elements into outdoor spaces
– how to create diversity and encourage small birds
– garden maintenance ideas to encourage wildlife to stay.
Suitable for beginners.
– lecture-style talk
– links and notes via email
– information on how to get involved in the Aussie Backyard Bird Count
– opportunity for questions.
You might also be interested in the Guided walk and talk of Habitat Demonstration Garden.