Did you know that more than a third of waste in household red bins is food waste? Worm farms and composting are a great way to deal with kitchen, household and garden waste while reducing your eco-footprint. Better yet, they allow you to create fantastic organic soil conditioner to use in pots or garden beds to grow super-healthy plants.
– the difference between worm farming and composting.
– how to select the best type of system for you, and where to put it
– how to set up a worm farm including feeding worms and harvesting fertiliser
– compost ingredients, proportions and layering techniques
– how to maintain healthy systems and avoid common problems
– tips for setting up communal systems.
Suitable for beginners.
– lecture-style talk and demonstration
– links and notes via email
– opportunity for questions.
– paper and pen
– water bottle.