Grape news for wine lovers. More than 20 of Australia and New Zealand’s best winemakers are coming to Sydney. They’ll serve their top drops at Cellarmaters’ Meet the Makers.
The best part? Tickets include a glass of champagne on arrival, unlimited tastings of over 60 different wines, canapés and a grazing table.
“The Cellarmasters Meet the Makers event is a great opportunity to taste award-winning wines, try wine varieties you may never have tasted before or even heard of and meet the winemakers behind them,” said Christine Ricketts, Cellar Director at Cellarmasters.
It is indeed a coveted lineup of winemakers who will be showcasing their products, including:
- Neil McGuigan, who holds the record for winning the International Winemaker of the Year title four times
- Hunter Valley star Gwyn Olsen, who has been awarded Gourmet Traveller’s Young Winemaker of the Year
- Celebrity chef and winemaker Stefano de Pieri, who was named Legend in the Good Food Awards 2018
- Former Penfolds Chief Winemaker John Duval
- Ata Mara director Janiene Bayliss from New Zealand’s famed Central Otago region.
Guests can also sample the most awarded Chardonnay in Tasmania’s history (Riversdale Estate’s Crater Chardonnay), and try the wine that won James Halliday’s Grenache Challenge last year (Blood Brother Republic BBR McLaren Vale Grenache).