Learn how to build a fantastic street library for your neighbourhood. The class covers basic tool use, assembly, and will include all materials needed to create your very own weatherproof housing for books and other treasures.
There’ll be a special talk on street libraries by Nic Lowe, who’s been a street librarian for ages. He’ll give you hints and tips for making the best out of your street library.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a fully assembled little box to put on your front fence. All you’ll need to do is add your own flair, along with a paint scheme of your choice.
All materials are included in the price of the class.
Can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For sure! You can call Nic on 0416 372 713.
What do I need to bring?
- Shoes with closed-in toes (no sandals)
- Lunch – or a cafe is available close by
- We’ll provide all the tools needed, we’ll provide some precut plywood along with glue, fasteners and everything you need to make your little library a reality. If you’d like to bring along some special extras, please do so! The workshop is provided by 107 Projects and the Bower.
What materials do you provide?
- Precut ply (some cutting needed).
- Weatherproof galvanised screws.
- Some ideas about ‘dooring’ your street library.
- Glue and wood sealant.
- Access to all the required woodworking tools.
Sunday 22 May to Sunday 27 November 2016
- Mobility access