Over seven weeks, you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to make your own silver ring. All tools and base metals are provided, as well as a strip of silver. No previous experience in design or jewellery making is required.
Students will learn
- Metal cutting – students are taught how to saw-pierce metal using professional jewellery saw frames
- How to size your ring
- Texturing and stamping – whether it’s a hammered texture, or stamping with letter stamps on metal, we have a range of tools for students to experiment with
- Roller printing – learn how to impress directly on to metal using a specialist rolling mill. Print with feathers, leaves, fabric, art papers, hand cut stencils and much more
- Soldering – using special jewellery torches students learn how to anneal and solder metal to join the silver together to make a ring band
- Forming metal – how to shape and dome metal
- Finishing – learn how to file and use emery paper to give your ring a final finish
- Patinate – use our special blackening compound to highlight parts of your design
Tuesday 18 July to Tuesday 29 August 2017
Choose between a Tuesday or a Thurday course.