This workshop is designed for mature children that are over 8 years old with little to no experience of sewing.
In this 2 hour session, we will focus on learning all about the machine, how to replace needles, change the foot, wind the bobbin and thread the machine. We’ll practice all stitches, sew straight lines, and learn how to turn corners. After having a good practice, we will work on a roll-up pencil case to take home.
What you will learn
– Setting up a sewing machine
– Learn about basic stitches & when to use them
– How to make a pencil case
What you will get
– A complete beginners sewing session, taught by a qualified Textile Designer
– All fabrics and materials for the project
– A set of coloured pencils for your pencil case
– Access to the members-only section on our website where you can access great resources, tutorials and special offers.
Due to limited space, this is a drop-and-go class.
**Once your child has completed this workshop, they will be ready for our Level 2 workshop.**
Discount available when purchasing Level 1 and Level 2 together.
Saturday 2 February to Saturday 7 December 2019
Except Saturday 2 March and Saturday 9 March
Other dates/times available upon request.