The safety of our communities, customers and staff is our top priority.
To protect visitors and our employees and safely manage physical distancing and hygiene requirements, we are slowly increasing our services.
Please book before you attend any of our centres
Some activities will have a time limit, but there isn’t a time limit for general centre access.
Making a booking ensures that we can manage our venue capacity and won’t need to turn you away at the door.
If you are unable to make it, please let us know so we can accommodate others. Check the schedule and opening days below.
To book, call the community centre directly or email email@example.com below.
The community centres are available for computer access, to talk with a staff member, or to connect with others during this time. Centres will begin to gradually introduce some activities, however our most free community programs will remain online for now.
There will be no tea or coffee available. Please bring any refreshments you may require. Unfortunately we are unable to provide community transport.
Centre opening days and numbers
Sessions are available from 9.30am to 2.30pm at these centres.
- Pyrmont Community Centre: Monday to Thursday – call 02 9298 3134
- Juanita Nielsen Community Centre: Monday to Thursday: – call 02 8374 6323
- Ultimo Community Centre: Monday to Thursday: – call 02 9298 3111
- Reginald Murphy Community Centre: Monday to Thursday – call 02 8374 6310
- Redfern Community Centre: Monday to Thursday – call 02 9288 5713
- Cliff Noble Community Centre: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – call 02 85128000
- Ron Williams Community Centre: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday– call 02 9288 5601
Do not attend if you are unwell
Please do not attend if you are unwell or have any signs of cold of flu including a cough, sore/scratchy throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or a fever. If staff observe any of these symptoms you will be asked to leave.
When you arrive at the centre
When you arrive for your booking scan the QR code at the entry and enter your name and phone number or email address. You must do this each time you attend. If you don’t have a phone that can do this, ask a staff member to assist you. This is a NSW Health requirement and will be used for contact tracing purposes only if necessary.
When at the centre
- notify staff if you start to feel unwell
- maintain 1.5m physical distance from all people including staff
- wash or sanitise your hands on entry and regularly after that
- wipe down equipment that you use or touch with the sanitising wipes supplied.
King George V Recreation Centre
- 7am to 2pm Monday to Friday. Book a session.
Juanita Nielsen Community Centre
- 9:30am to 2:30pm Monday to Thursday. Capacity limited to 5 people per session. Book a session.
Pyrmont Community Centre
- Gym remains temporarily closed
Fees are $4.50 a visit (cashless payment only). Group fitness classes remain online for now.
When using the gym:
- bring and use your own towel and water bottle
- come ready to train as change rooms, including showers, will remain closed
- use a towel while training
- wipe equipment down before and after use.
Reintroducing activities at our centres
We are unable to take court or room hire bookings at our staffed centres at the moment.
We will re-introduce more activities and programs as we adjust our systems and processes required to meet our obligations under the relevant NSW Health order.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these changes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.