The safety of our communities, customers and staff is our top priority.
To protect visitors and our employees and safely manage physical distancing and hygiene requirements, our services and programs will initially run at a reduced level.
You will need to book a session at our centres before you attend.
This is to support the health and safety of our community members and staff.
Last updated 30 July 2020
Update on Potts Point facilities
The Kings Cross library and Kings Cross customer service centre are currently closed. This is a precautionary measure following the closure of two nearby restaurants linked to Covid-19 cases.
The Juanita Nielsen Community Centre, Reginald Murphy Community Centre and the Rex Centre in Potts Point are also closed.
These City of Sydney venues have no known links to any Covid-19 cases.
Please book before you attend any of our centres
Bookings are limited to 45 minutes each. Check the schedule and opening days below.
Call the community centre directly or email email@example.com
Services available during your pre-booked session
The community centres are available for computer access, to talk with a staff member, or to sit and talk with others during this time. Sessions are limited to 10 people at a time.
There will be no tea or coffee available. Please bring any refreshments you may require. Unfortunately we are unable to provide community transport at this time.
Centre opening days and numbers
Sessions are available from 10.30am to 2.30pm at these centres.
- Mondays: Pyrmont Community Centre – call 02 9298 3134
- Tuesdays: Juanita Nielsen Community Centre – call 02 8374 6323
- Wednesdays: Ultimo Community Centre – call 02 9298 3111 and Reginald Murphy Community Centre – call 02 8374 6310
- Thursdays: Redfern Community Centre – call 02 9288 5713 and Cliff Noble Community Centre – call 02 85128000
- Fridays: Ron Williams Community Centre – call 02 9288 5601
Do not attend a session if you are unwell
Please do not attend your booking if you are unwell or have any signs of cold of flu including a cough, sore/scratchy throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or a fever. If staff observe any of these symptoms you will be asked to leave.
When you arrive at the centre
When you arrive for your booking scan the QR code at the entry and enter your name and phone number or email address. You must do this each time you attend. If you don’t have a phone that can do this, ask a staff member to assist you. This is a NSW Health requirement and will be used for contact tracing purposes only if necessary.
When at the centre
- notify staff if you start to feel unwell
- maintain 1.5m physical distance from all people including staff
- wash or sanitise your hands on entry and regularly after that
- wipe down equipment that you use or touch with the sanitising wipes supplied.
Services at King George V Recreation Centre Gym
The gym is available from 7am to 2pm Monday to Friday. Sessions can be booked online.
Fees are $4.80 a visit (cashless payment only). There are no group fitness classes in the centre for now. Gym memberships remain on hold for now.
When using the gym:
- bring and use your own towel and water bottle
- come ready to train as change rooms, including showers, will remain closed
- use a towel while training
- wipe equipment down before and after use.
Reintroducing activities at our centres
We are unable to take court or room hire bookings at our staffed centres at the moment.
We will re-introduce more activities and programs as we adjust our systems and processes required to meet our obligations under the relevant NSW Health order.
We continue to offer free online community programs through this transition period.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these changes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.