The safety of our communities, customers and employees is our top priority.
To protect visitors and our employees and safely manage physical distancing and hygiene requirements, we are slowly increasing our services.
You're welcome to attend anytime during opening hours. Some program require a booking to help us manage capacity.
If you're unable to make your booking, please let us know so we can accommodate others. Check the schedule and opening days below.
To book, call the community centre directly.
Centre opening days and numbers
Sessions are available on the following days and times:
- King George V Recreation Centre: Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm. Gym: 6am to 7pm. Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm - call 02 9244 3600
- Juanita Nielsen Community Centre: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7am to 6pm. Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 6pm. Saturday 10am to 4pm – call 02 8374 6323
- Redfern Community Centre: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – call 02 9288 5713
- Ultimo Community Centre: Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm. Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm – call 02 9298 3111
- Pyrmont Community Centre: Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 9pm. Friday 9am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm – call 02 9298 3134
- Reginald Murphy Community Centre: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm – call 02 8374 6310
- Cliff Noble Community Centre: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm – call 02 85128000
- Ron Williams Community Centre: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm – call 02 9288 5601
Don't attend if you are unwell
Please don't attend if you're unwell or have any signs of cold of flu including a cough, sore/scratchy throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or a fever. If staff observe any of these symptoms you will be asked to leave.
When you arrive at the centre
When you arrive, scan the QR code at the entry and enter your name and phone number or email address. You must do this each time you attend. If you don’t have a phone that can do this, ask a staff member to assist you. This is a NSW Health requirement and will be used for contact tracing purposes only if necessary.
When at the centre
- notify staff if you start to feel unwell
- maintain 1.5m physical distance from all people including staff
- wash or sanitise your hands on entry and regularly after that
- wipe down equipment that you use or touch with the sanitising wipes supplied.
King George V Recreation Centre
- Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm. Book a session.
Juanita Nielsen Community Centre
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7am to 6pm, Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm. Capacity limited to 5 people per session. Book a session.
Pyrmont Community Centre
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm. Capacity limited to 2 people per session. Call 02 9298 3134
When using the gym:
- bring and use your own towel and water bottle
- come ready to train. Change rooms, including showers, will be available but access may be limited
- use a towel while training
- wipe equipment down before and after use.
Reintroducing activities at our centres
Court hire at King George V Recreation Centre and Ultimo Community Centre is now available, and casual basketball is available at King George V.
Room hire bookings at our staffed centres are open. Hirers must complete a Covid-19 safety plan comply with the centre’s safety plan to meet NSW Health requirements.
We'll re-introduce more activities and programs as we adjust our systems and processes required to meet our obligations under the relevant NSW Health order.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these changes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.