University preparation: art history and film studies
Unfortunately, the event you’re looking for has already occurred.
Try using our navigation bar across the top to find upcoming events, or use the search just below the navigation if you are looking for a specific upcoming event.
Classical Antiquity through to the 21st Century. There is a strong focus on the interpretation of individual art works, including painting, sculpture, photography, film and architecture. The course introduces key concepts of the discipline of Art History and Film Studies as well as developing some of the study skills necessary for general university study.
Before considering a University Preparation Course please review important information to determine if you are eligible for the Mature Age Entry Scheme and how to go about qualifying and applying.
– Perfection of Form: The Body in Ancient Art
– The Power of Rome: From Republic to Empire
– Heaven on Earth: Medieval Art and Architecture
– Divine Visions: Art of the Italian Renaissance
– The Splendour of the Baroque: Caravaggio, Bernini and Rembrandt
– Playfulness and Power in the 18th Century: The Rococo and Enlightenment
– Revolution to Romanticism: Ideology and Art
– The Advent of Photography and its Early Masters
– Monet and the Impressionists
– Modernism: Early 20th Century Art Making
– The Early History of Film Making: From Slapstick to Sound
– Post-War Art: Pollock, Rauschenberg and Warhol
– The Golden Age of Hollywood
– Modern Architecture: Lutyens, Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier
– Great Masters of International Cinema
– 20th Century Design: Interiors, Exteriors and Industrial
– Post-Modernism, Appropriation and Installation
– Art and Australia
- Each wednesday between Wednesday 29 February and Wednesday 19 September from 18.30 to 20.30
25 sessions, 50 hours total
University of Sydney, 65 Parramatta Rd Camperdown 2006 Venue details
Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney
02 9036 4789
How to get to this event:
Call 131 500 or visit www.131500.com.au
Are we missing something?
University of Sydney, 65 Parramatta Rd Camperdown 2006