University preparation: mathematics
Unfortunately, the event you’re looking for has already occurred.
Try using our navigation bar across the top to find upcoming events, or use the search just below the navigation if you are looking for a specific upcoming event.
This course prepares students for future study of mathematics at university level by developing an understanding and application of algebra, geometry and calculus. Students will practise effective techniques for studying mathematics as well as learning to read and write mathematics clearly and intelligibly. Students will also develop an appreciation of the patterns which arise in mathematics and how they are applied in a number of different subject areas.
Before considering a University Preparation Course please review important information to determine if you are eligible for the Mature Age Entry Scheme and how to go about qualifying and applying.
– Review of elementary algebra, geometry, trigonometry
– Functions and their graphs
– Linear functions, linear equations and inequalities, quadratic functions and polynomials
– Introduction to calculus: rates of change, differentiation rules, applications of differentiation
– Trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions
– Using calculus to find areas and volumes
– Integration and its applications
- Each wednesday between Wednesday 29 February and Wednesday 19 September from 18.30 to 20.30
25 sessions, 50 hours total
University of Sydney, 65 Parramatta Rd Camperdown 2006 Venue details
Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney
02 9036 4789
How to get to this event:
Call 131 500 or visit www.131500.com.au
Are we missing something?
University of Sydney, 65 Parramatta Rd Camperdown 2006